Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Darker My Love - 2


Darker My Love
2
(Dangerbird Records)

On their aptly titled sophomore LP, 2, Los Angeles’ Darker My Love return with 11 new tracks of their heavily distorted, drugged out brand of neo-psychedelic rock. Staying true to form, 2 is full of great, riff oriented songs like the album opener “Northern Soul” and the up-tempo rager “Waves”, but the most stand outs moments are when they slow it down and bring the vocal interplay between guitarist Tim Presley and bassist Rob Barbato to the forefront. On tracks like “Two Ways Out” and “Even in your Lightest Days” the influence of 60’s vocal psych-pop groups comes through and adds a dynamic element previously uncharted on previous releases. As a whole, 2 is a more interesting and varied record than anything in Darker My Love’s discography, proving it’s possible to blend two different eras of psychedelia in such a seemless fashion.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love these LA/SF boys! Can't wait for their new album, 2, to come out!

Vote Now for Darker My Love on Yahoo’s Who’s Next:
http://music.yahoo.com/promotions/whosnext/

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found out Darker My Loveis up for Yahoo! Music Who's Next. So many good bands this time around - it's gonna make it hard to choose! I love The Duke Spirit too. You should
def check 'em out. Vote here http://music.yahoo.com/promotions/whosnext/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home